Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3 years ago

We cannot believe it.
Not for a minute.
And yet ...
despite my our best attempts to dispel it ...
it is true.

Happy Birthday, Ammon.

Welcome to the world of '3'.

The world is not ready for you ... and yet, we're glad you're here, just the same. Thankful, even. Never have a mom and dad been so proud of a little boy. Never has one so small filled such a large place in someone's heart.

I love you, Ammon. Really – I do. Even when it seems like I don’t. In fact … especially then. You are cherished. You were loved before you were born. You were yearned for before you were even thought of. You rock my world. My heart warms at your presence. I delight in watching you grow up. I hope you never settle for less than you deserve. I hope that you not only reach for the stars, but that you grab them and put them in your pocket.

Happy Birthday, darling boy. Wishing you a wonderful life ...
one that we are honored to share with you.

3 comments:

MissManda-Mae said...

happy birthday ammon! when i read your post it reminded me a LOT of the relationship i had when it was just me and lucas at home each day... we were buddies. thanks for sharing! great teaser pics too btw!

Jessica Swatts said...

Beautifully said, my sweet! I love you both bunches!!! Can't wait to have some fun with you in a couple weeks!

Shell said...

I can't believe how much he has grown. You have a beautiful family. I was also wondering if I could buy on of your alphabet charts. Can you please email me at jasandmich@yahoo.com so we can talk about it? Thank you so much.