Tuesday, December 14, 2010
high-octane fun | the party
Ammon’s birthday party this year had a Cars theme. Per his request, mind you. He had a wonderful party – we all had a nice time. I can’t even begin to express my relief that it all didn’t come off looking like a last minute thing. Because it was just that … a last minute thing. Like, the-night-before sort of last-minute-thing (apart from the invitations, which were mailed out right at a week prior, though some only received a text message … etiquette mongrels, look away). I win Mother-of-the-Year for that one. But, it was my hearts desire to give him a special day, regardless. I could have just brushed it off this year – heaven knows people told me to. But I just didn’t have it in me to do that. I feel that birthdays are important – a special time to reflect and ponder the growth of that year. I feel it especially important for Ammon, because his birthday is so close to Christmas. I want there to be a clear distinction between the two. And it’s something I work hard to achieve. And, lastly – I didn’t think he should suffer because of the madness that has been this month.
Granted, we did have a bit of a smaller affair this year. Just family – and one friend that constitutes as family. We had cupcakes (adorned with homemade flags, each bearing a different character ... my baby of 3am) and my world-famous chocolate covered trailmix. The kids got goodie bags, as always – this time with homemade Cars coloring books. Ammon loved opening his gifts – really understanding what was going on this year. He showed everything off to his cousins, initiated a(nother) tissue-paper-war, and nicely shared his loot after the party.
Monster Trucks and construction equipment reigned supreme. He finally got his beloved garbage truck (he has a large obsession with the things) - yelling, "Trash!", when it was opened. He has found a new love in his lightsaber. He received many more very nice things – to include clothes and savings bonds. His family certainly was generous to him this year.
All in all – a very good afternoon. Thanks to those who helped, those who came … and those who love this spunky little boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment