I’ll be climbing under a rock for unmentionable reasons – because I don’t want to talk about them. But … I’ll be moaning and whimpering because I am so dastardly sick.
I feel just like I did last Thanksgiving, in fact. That’s right. The ‘dastardly sick’ that I have literally been petrified to ever revisit. I rank it up there pretty dang close to one of my own getting a serious illness. Yes. It was that bad. And I did think I was dying … or something very near to it. This is truth. And – just like last time – I’m really not doing well.
Making this situation so much worse – is the fact that Ammon is sick, himself. He seems to be slowly on the mend, but these last few days have been rough, to say the very least. I must admit that I adore his squeaky, stuffed-up-nose voice. This aside, I hate seeing him sick. And not just because he becomes a whiny, limp, dramatic mess.
We’ve been doing a lot of this lately. And while it doesn’t effectively portray (not even close) how we are really feeling – the 101˚+ temperatures and red, flushed faces; the achy muscles and joints; the limp, lifeless hair and eyes; the raw noses and raspy breaths – it does prove that we’re still alive:


The germs continue to elude Brian. When he’s home, he takes care of us. He brings us treats. He does more than he should – considering he has so much school work to do. We’re grateful that we have him … and are even more grateful that he’s well. Though we are, honestly, a little jealous.
For the most part, I’ve been trying to ‘take it easy’. A laughable concept when you are the stay-at-home-mom of a toddler. A twitchingly moronic statement when said toddler is sick, as well. But … I’ve been doing what I can. I’ve been taking naps when Amm does. I’ve been reading a book. I’ve been enjoying the extra snuggle time. Yesterday, though, reality set in, and I tried to get some things done. Big mistake. I’ve gone downhill disturbingly fast since I went to bed last night.
I do not have time to be sick. I never really do, of course. But certainly not right now. This year has proven to be my busiest/worst yet. This holiday season is going to be implausibly insane. Just take my word for it. I can’t even wrap my head around it to begin to describe what lies ahead for me. My to-do list alone – which doesn’t cover everything, and only includes items that must be completed by November 1st – is three pages long. No. I am not exaggerating. But, believe me when I say … I wish I was.
Why is it, then, that I feel an incurable need to blog? Well … probably because my to-do list is three pages long. And I’m stalling. And I want it all to be over. And … just maybe … because some part of my subconscious wonders if it will all just take care of itself. Or disappear.
Life has taught me that it just doesn’t work that way. But it’s worth a shot, nonetheless. A long shot ... but ... whatever.
1 comment:
Wow you sound miserable. Sorry you guys are so sick. At least you have a wonderful husband to take care of you. I hope you all get well soon, and that Brian stays healthy.
Post a Comment