Monday, October 6, 2008

told you so

I told you that as soon as I bought a new pillow case the old, missing one would turn up. Well, guess what I found today? In the dirty clothes hamper. That I empty at least once a week. And check – and double check – to make sure I have gotten everything. Yes – you are right. I knew exactly what that thing was peeking out from the middle of my dirty clothes pile. I knew exactly what it was when I got my hands on it. That darn pillow case.

Apart from trying my sanity, today was a tiring, long and aggravating day. There wasn’t an hour that went by that something didn’t happen and cause my blood pressure to go up.

Ammon woke up on the wrong side of his crib this morning. He had no intention of eating his breakfast. He ended up going down for his morning nap early after his seventh meltdown – or should I say kicking-screaming-stiff-as-a-board-throwing-toy-temper-tantrum.

I was able to finish that hanging-file-scrap-thingy yesterday. I set it on my bed this morning while I made room for it by my paper. I watched, in slow motion and horror, as it fell backwards and all my sorted scraps and bits littered the floor.

Ammon got up from his nap in a better mood; however, it was short lived. Now, he had no intention of eating his lunch. He kept giving me that I-know-exactly-what-I-am-doing look as he would take off his bib. As soon as it was off, he would spit out his food. He sniffed some up his nose. He snatched his spoon and tossed it. He pitched a gargantuan-sized fit – and got his way. It was either that, or I would have lost it.

The repairman came to fix our refrigerator today. We had to get rid of almost all of our food yesterday, so I was just a little perturbed. A very kind, elderly gentleman came by and tinkered and piddled – but got it fixed. I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time he was here – I seriously was worried that he wouldn’t make it through his visit. He was wheezing, among other things. But, he was very polite and talked to Ammon for a few minutes. Of course, he also had to endure Ammon’s sixty-third meltdown. He even offered to sweep the floor underneath and behind our refrigerator. Two trips to the trash with the dust pan. Thank you.

I was able to get a lot done upstairs after Brian got home. He had Ammon-duty which let me finish getting Ammon’s room ready for Thursday’s inspection. I was able to finish boxing up all of his old things. I just have a few more things to do before the upstairs is ready to be checked off my list.

Brian ran to get some dinner… since we currently have no food. Ammon chose this time to refuse dinner. He and I had another boxing match, but at least he ate a little more. Brian got home and gave him his bath. By the time we got him in bed it was almost an hour past his bedtime. I was nervous that it was going to be a rough night for Ammon. He doesn't go to sleep well once he gets to that beyond-tired stage. But, not a peep. Thank goodness...

I started laundry. Found that retched pillow case. Dropped my orange fizzy pop… stupidly opened it. Orange fizzy pop spews all over the kitchen floor… right after we ran out of paper towels.

I wasn't able to finish laundry tonight. Brian decided to go to bed and there is no way that I am staying downstairs at night by myself... as I have been watching Ghost Hunters with him. My imagination is too sharp for all that jazz.

It’s been one of those days, for sure. But, I was able to accomplish quite a lot in spite of it all. I have high hopes for the rest of the week. I’ll even go so far as to say that it can’t get any worse. I’m not one to say that, in fear of what else might actually happen… but… I think in this case it’s okay.

4 comments:

Nilla said...

Whew! I knew as soon as I read the title that you'd found that pillow case. How strange that it was in the dirty clothes! That is just plain crazy!

I'm sorry all your food had to go. That really stinks (probably both figuratively and literally ;)), especially after all your efforts to preserve them. So, it's a double-good thing you ate that chocolate pudding! Here's to hoping the rest of the week only gets better. At least today you can say it was a Monday and that can be the reason for all the mischief thrown your way ;). Loveya!

Tammy said...

Oh dear....I've had days like that (remember the incident with the red towels and the vacuum cleaner? --shudder--) and so you have all my empathy. All's well that ends, however...hope the rest of the week is better. Call the marines if you have to...........and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Love you, mom
ps....let this be a life lesson to you...always consume all the pudding...quickly!

Jacob and Crystal Krausz said...

I'm with Momma R on the pudding issue!!!! Next time just invite over all your girlfriends (coughmecough) and we will have a pigout party to eat all the food before it spoils. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear ya on that day! That was my yesterday. Just one of those days were it's not even 10 a.m. and you wish the day was over. I hope things get better for ya.