Our afternoon and evening, however, were not so pleasant. Ammon fussed and screamed up a storm. I think I am glad that he can’t talk… judging by the look on his face I hate to think what he would have had to say to me. But, we survived… and he only got to bed about an hour late. Now to see if he sleeps through the night…
Brian has had a pretty horrible week. You see, he is severely allergic to a few insects – having minor allergic reactions to all others. Sunday evening he sustained two nips on either side of his leg from a very loving Culex quinquefasciatus – commonly known as the mosquito. He always swells up like a balloon and develops nasty looking puss pockets. However, he had a very difficult spell this time around… the worst I have ever seen him have. His leg was so swollen that he could hardly walk; he couldn’t bend his foot – not to mention being in a lot of pain. One of his puss pockets burst a couple of days ago and has looked completely nasty ever since – blackish/yellowish/greenish, inflamed and infected. At the request of me and his mother, Brian finally broke down and went to the doctor this afternoon. After doing some blood work, the doctor discovered that his white blood cell count was high – being a sign of infection. Once his doctor saw his bites, confirming his belief that they were infected, he popped the second puss pocket. Brian is now on an antibiotic to prevent him from developing a staph infection, and has an additional topical cream to use. We all hope that he starts feeling better soon… especially with our upcoming trip.
I asked Brian what the doctor had told him. His response: “Ewww…”. He then said, “He also said that I should be pampered. That I need leg rubs, and back scratches, and Transformers…”.
4 comments:
oh my goodness! That is HORRIBLE about Brian! Hopefully he'll start feeling better soon. Nothing like Transformers to make any man feel better....
Yikes! I'm so sosrry, Brian. I knew you had been bitten, but had no idea you were having such a 'swell time'. I hope you're feeling much better right away. Love you.....
Your mom cracks me up... "swell time"... Okay, I'm thinking you're not wanting to do leg rubs for Brian... I might love someone, but would I love him enough to rub his puss-pocket leg? Hmmm... I'd give him the Transformers, though. I am so sorry to hear of your woes, though, Brian. And Stacy, it cracks me up everytime you describe Ammon as a pterodactyl. That is just so hilarious to me!
Brian, I hope you did not pick up those mosquitos at my house....(favorite) Aunt Kaye
Post a Comment