Thursday, April 3, 2008

feeling calm and sleepy… all at the same time

I feel much better now. I am still upset about all those missing-in-action pictures. But after averting my mind from the situation for a while and later looking through the photos that are still on my memory card I am feeling calmer – more confident that I can still document this time in a special and memorable way. After all – the true essence of Christmas isn’t something that you can capture in a photograph – it is something that you carry in your heart. Photos are wonderful, but my words hold value also.

We are so very sleepy here in the Thomas home. Ammon’s good sleep habits at his Aunt Kaye’s house have proved to be just that: good sleep habits at his Aunt Kaye’s house. He has been a terrible sleeper since we have been home. My mom is going to drop by this evening and keep a weather eye on the horizon for me… so that I can get some rest. At least that way I am better prepared to handle the very playful Ammon during the day.

Brian and Ammon are downstairs watching Shark Week (Brian has these on DVD now...). So glad to see them having such a good time. I am deathly afraid of sharks – so it's needless to say that I have been spending quite a bit of time upstairs. The one time I actually decide to watch with Brian – I ended up seeing the stomach contents of a shark while we were eating spaghetti. Such a lovely thing.

Ammon has been in a fairly good mood today. He has mastered the "vroom, vroom" noise while blowing bubbles – apparently this is his new favorite thing. Brian's mom stopped by today and commented on the uncanny similarities between Brian and Ammon – Ammon is Brian’s twin in almost every way. If this is an omen as to what I will be looking forward to when he gets a little older… I just don’t know.

My plan is to finish the holiday page for Ammon’s book tomorrow – here’s hoping that I am able to keep this new sense of calmness, as well as get some rest. I’m anxious to see the results – it’s nice sometimes to make lemonade out of lemons.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

I'm glad you are feeling better about the pictures! I still hope they somehow turn up though. And I hope you're able to get some rest while your mom is watching Ammon!

Kira =] said...

Let's not even mention my outrageous imagination & my extreme fear & paranoia of sharks.