Wednesday, April 23, 2008
remembering claudie
It’s been a long time… and I have quite a bit of catching up to do. Here it is in a nutshell… what we have been up to.
Friday, Ammon and I went to Enterprise again – this time we fit in some family time before my hair appointment that afternoon. We visited my dad for a bit and then my grandparents. Ammon enjoyed the added attention… he was laying the charm on thick, as well as impressing everyone with his rolling over skills.
That evening, Brian and I had some errands to run. Ammon tagged along and was perfect. We were out almost two hours past his bedtime, but he didn’t fuss and fell asleep in his car seat. We were able to put him down very easily when we got home, and he slept well through the night.
FYI: Our second attempt at putting Ammon to bed awake on Thursday night did not go as smoothly as it did on Wednesday. I guess he realized that Wednesday wasn’t a mistake on my part and that we meant business. While I still did not get him out of his crib, it took quite a bit longer (and quite a bit more screaming) for him to go to sleep. Here’s to hoping this all works out in the long run.
Brian had a mid-term to do online Saturday, so that morning my mom came down and went shopping with Ammon and me. So nice to be able to get out of the house and run around for no real reason… but to run around. Ammon was so very good, and stayed in his stroller for most of the time.
I was able to put Ammon down for a nap when we got home, and since Brian was still working on his test, I took the opportunity to work on some projects that have been “in progress” for quite some time. Because of some new inspiration and lots of new goodies, I have been dying to just play a little bit… and I did… for days.
Sunday we celebrated Brian’s great-grandmother Claudie’s birthday. Though she has passed away, we still celebrate her life around this time of year. What a wonderful day it was – enjoying the beautiful weather and family. Brian’s uncle, Phil, was able to come down – we don’t see him as often as we would like, and this was his first time seeing Ammon. While I never knew MawMaw Claudie, I have felt her sweet spirit. I have felt it in her home and, like Brian, when we were married. And it was so lovely to watch Ammon in her home – as if he felt her spirit, too. So wonderful to know that he was with her before he came into this world. What a sweet, wonderful lady.
The rest of the time since my last post has been more of the same. I haven’t really felt like doing much of anything besides taking care of Ammon – and all that that entails. We have had lots of fun playing new games, singing new songs and trying new things. Just enjoying time together. Waiting patiently until Brian comes home so that we can all enjoy time together. The rest of the week will be busy for us all as we prepare for the final installment of our Orlando adventures… or at least for a while. I’ve finally started my laundry from the last trip. Anyone want to come and do the rest?
Friday, Ammon and I went to Enterprise again – this time we fit in some family time before my hair appointment that afternoon. We visited my dad for a bit and then my grandparents. Ammon enjoyed the added attention… he was laying the charm on thick, as well as impressing everyone with his rolling over skills.
That evening, Brian and I had some errands to run. Ammon tagged along and was perfect. We were out almost two hours past his bedtime, but he didn’t fuss and fell asleep in his car seat. We were able to put him down very easily when we got home, and he slept well through the night.
FYI: Our second attempt at putting Ammon to bed awake on Thursday night did not go as smoothly as it did on Wednesday. I guess he realized that Wednesday wasn’t a mistake on my part and that we meant business. While I still did not get him out of his crib, it took quite a bit longer (and quite a bit more screaming) for him to go to sleep. Here’s to hoping this all works out in the long run.
Brian had a mid-term to do online Saturday, so that morning my mom came down and went shopping with Ammon and me. So nice to be able to get out of the house and run around for no real reason… but to run around. Ammon was so very good, and stayed in his stroller for most of the time.
I was able to put Ammon down for a nap when we got home, and since Brian was still working on his test, I took the opportunity to work on some projects that have been “in progress” for quite some time. Because of some new inspiration and lots of new goodies, I have been dying to just play a little bit… and I did… for days.
Sunday we celebrated Brian’s great-grandmother Claudie’s birthday. Though she has passed away, we still celebrate her life around this time of year. What a wonderful day it was – enjoying the beautiful weather and family. Brian’s uncle, Phil, was able to come down – we don’t see him as often as we would like, and this was his first time seeing Ammon. While I never knew MawMaw Claudie, I have felt her sweet spirit. I have felt it in her home and, like Brian, when we were married. And it was so lovely to watch Ammon in her home – as if he felt her spirit, too. So wonderful to know that he was with her before he came into this world. What a sweet, wonderful lady.
The rest of the time since my last post has been more of the same. I haven’t really felt like doing much of anything besides taking care of Ammon – and all that that entails. We have had lots of fun playing new games, singing new songs and trying new things. Just enjoying time together. Waiting patiently until Brian comes home so that we can all enjoy time together. The rest of the week will be busy for us all as we prepare for the final installment of our Orlando adventures… or at least for a while. I’ve finally started my laundry from the last trip. Anyone want to come and do the rest?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It sounds like you stay quite busy! But it always sounds like fun! Love your new "pages". And the frame. You are really just so creative.
Post a Comment