Tuesday, February 26, 2008

what his future holds...

Angry boy + flailing arms + fingernails = gouge in cheek of angry boy. The first of many boyish injuries. TRANSLATION: Today hasn’t been the most pleasant of days. While Ammon still slept fairly well last night, he hasn’t wanted to take a nap today without a very large fight. One of these days we’ll get everything on track.

I was working on my pregnancy book last night, completing the ‘How I felt when I first saw you’ section. I began to ponder about those first moments after Ammon was born. I remember being so excited to discover who he was and learn about his personality. I then jumped forward to the current Ammon, with his very strong personality, and began to wonder who he will become, what he will do – what great things his life has in store for him. I remembered an article by President Hinckley that came out in the Ensign the month Ammon was born. He says:

“E. T. Sullivan once wrote these interesting words: “When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.””

I started to think about how and what we teach Ammon while he is young will affect his future. I went back and read that article, and was inspired. Brian and I are so grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted us with such a valiant spirit – and wonder what He has in store for this sweet little boy.

To read the entire article yourself, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, you need to write a book. You have tons of talent to do it....Aunt K

Nilla said...

This was a neat post, Stacy. It gave me chill-bumps.