Monday, February 18, 2008

coincidence or omen?

Why is it that every time Ammon wears his Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar onesie (which says ‘that night he had a stomachache’) does he actually end up with a stomachache? Is this only a coincidence or a very bad omen? Maybe he just shouldn’t wear it anymore. But he’s so cute in it…

We had a relatively quiet weekend. We ran some errands on Friday night, and Ammon was so good that I began to wonder what was up. Once we got home and put him to bed he only got up once. Definitely a first.

Saturday we enjoyed some family time before Brian and I had our Valentine’s date – we went out to dinner, ate far too much, and enjoyed each other’s company. We were told that Ammon was well-behaved for his grandma; however, all heck broke out after she left. Needless to say, he more than made up for his good night on Friday. There were times that Brian and I were both up with him trying to settle him down. He was once again getting up every 2 hours or so… and as cranky as a stuck pig.

Sunday Ammon and I stayed home from church, as we were both feeling a little under the weather – not to mention tired from the night before. We spent the evening at Brian’s parents’ house for his cousin's 9th birthday. Ammon enjoyed his first real birthday party – or at least he enjoyed the attention he was receiving. He was very good until it was time to go home – or in other words, get in his car seat. He made himself so mad on the way home that he literally made himself sick. Once we got home, and calmed him down, he had a fairly decent night.

Ammon and I had lots of fun today, to include tummy-time on the floor – until his bath time that is. Ammon once again wanted to take two good naps during the day – something I am definitely not objecting to. I was able to get so much done today I can’t believe it – straighten up the house, do two loads of laundry, move some things around to make more space in Ammon’s room, finish a project I have been putting off, make some phone calls, take a nap myself… not to mention, make my bed and eat lunch. Things are certainly looking hopeful. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Nilla said...

Wow you are productive!!! You make me feel like such a slacker ;). I'm glad you've had some really good days interspersed with the cranky days :). Can't wait to see Ammon in person and see how much he's grown!