Friday, June 11, 2010

sugar and spice

I just completed this project ... like, about 10 minutes ago … and thought I’d share. It is a birthday gift for my neice, Lainee. She turns the big 0-4 tomorrow. Overall, I am happy with how this turned out … especially considering my t.i.g.h.t time constraints. My original plan proved obsolete – as this sassy little girl decided to switch interests on me right before the big day. Of all the nerve. In an attempt to keep my Best-Aunt-Ever status … I had to think quick. So now… she has a new ‘closet’ for her Barbies. What do you think?

I will say this: This beauty really has me hankering to get out all my old Barbies and that massive box of stuff. And … you know … play for a bit. Well. Maybe – one day – I’ll have a little girl of my own. Then I won't look so weird doing it ...

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is soo cute. I'm sure she'll love it. Not to question your great aunt status, but isn't she turning 4? I say this because she's already in the Sunbeam class in Primary, so she should've been 3 before January.

the happy thomas family said...

you're right --- i was just about to fix it. i don't know what i'm thinking ... when i say i'm busy and tired ... i m.e.a.n i'm busy and tired! :)

the happy thomas family said...

i think i was thinking about ammon, to tell you the truth. i'm doing some pre-planning for his birthday party this year and he'll be 3.

Mitchell4 said...

That is so clever. Great job Stacy. I'm sure Mom and Dad appreciate the organization factor of it too.

Heather said...

It's hard to believe Ammon will be 3 this year. Time flys when they're little.