
This is our mud room. Okay. It isn’t really intented to be a mud room. But I’ve always wanted one, so that’s what we call it. This is the room adjacent to our kitchen – those fab shelves were existing. Our back door is here – the one that we use the most – and we have some shelves and baskets on the other side of the room where we keep shoes, strollers, outside toys and all our bags (diaper bag, camera bag, school bag, church bag, etc.). When we moved in, I had no idea what I would use these shelves for. It wasn’t until I realized how completely wacky the kitchen cabinets were, that inspiration struck. So … welcome to my makeshift pantry. My favorite things? My pasta jars, of course. Love those straight lines. I also use this extra shelving for all of our music (sheet music, music books, guitar tabs, etc.), Brian’s old school books, cook books, etc.. My coupon box is here, along with our ‘calendar slot box’ where we keep bills to be paid, etc.. On the other side of this built-in unit is my craft room – which, of course, is so not ready for sharing.

These are a portion of Brian and Ammon’s Transformers. Each Transformer has its own box – and there are at least four boxes in each of these bins. This is a hobby that the boys share ... sans me. I have learned the names of all of these ‘robots in disguise’ – and even learned to ‘fix’ a few of them after they have been stepped on. However, lots of them have multiple pieces once you figure in all the weapons, missiles, boosters, energon stars, etc.. I got tired of wasting limited time trying to figure out who went with whom ... after I unearth the bits from the bottom of my foot. So – for Happy Home Feeling (or Family Home Evening) a couple of weeks ago, Brian and I sat down and went through each of these babies – one by one – and I typed up their names, models (Generation 1, 1st movie, 2nd movie, etc.) and what extra somethings that they have. I added their ‘symbol’ – either Autobot or Decepticon – and printed them up on clear labels. I try to keep the boxes in some type of order in the bins – but that’s a little less realistic. We try to keep all the Autobot Aerialbots and Decepticon Constructicons together at least, because they are all part of a set. But, whatever order they're in – unsurprisingly – my boys are more than satisfied.
Voilà. Craziness managed. On to the next.
6 comments:
Are. You. Kidding. Me? Stacy! I knew it was going to be good but hello. You've onced again blown me away with your awesomeness. Ugh. I can't wait to take another tour of your beautiful home. Awesome job with the mud room.
You were missed at play date on Thursday but your last post explains everything. Hope your doing good. Always thinkin about'cha. Woodburn isn't the same.
May I ask... Where did you get those pasta jars?! I LOVE them!
becky --- thanks so much! i have no problem organizing stuff. my problem - as i've told you before - is s.t.a.y.i.n.g organized. maintenance is the thorn in my side. i'm so sorry we didn't make playgroup either ... i was in sad shape thursday, but i still should have gone because ammon was driving me CRAZY! i'll miss next week, too, because brian and i have a date with zz top wednesday night...
amber --- those jars are so from walmart. around $4 a piece, but they have different sizes. i'm shocked i got them from there, to tell you the truth!
I'm very excited to see pics of your new house. I wouldn't even mind some before and after pictures. That will REALLY show how awesome you are! (And I know you're awesome, so no doubt you can deliver :)).
thanks hila (and becky, too!) ... you are so kind to me. i unfortunately didn't get many 'before' pictures. i wish i had - because we have done SO much work. and i usually do think of things like that ... but apparently lost my head this time around. i'm hoping to post more of these 'after' shots soon. love you!
Love the organization! What great use of the space! Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment