Ever since Ammon received this Curious George stufftie for his first birthday – he has been in l.o.v.e .
Ammon always has at least three buddies in his crib at all times. Every little while he’ll trade them out for some new buddies. George has never made the cut. George has slept with Ammon since day one – the only buddy out of hundreds to earn that recognition. He used to never leave the crib. But, since our move, George is now a constant figure in our everyday lives. George and Ammon are attached at the hip. They do everything together. Buddies … through and through.
I’ll never know what Ammon’s lure to George is. We’ve never watched an episode of Curious George. We only own one Curious George book and we really haven’t started reading it yet. It will always be a mystery, I guess – but I’ll never forget that first moment that Ammon laid eyes on George’s fuzzy mug … and how he attacked him with drooly gusto.
George is Ammon’s playmate. He is his wrestling opponent. He is his dance partner. He is Ammon’s football when he can’t find his other one. George gets his own assortment of toys to play with. He gets his own books to read … and Ammon helps him out by putting him in a headlock and putting his head down on the book of choice. George is, more often than not, wearing some article of Ammon’s clothing … at least shoes and socks. He eats meals with us … as Ammon insists that we feed George, too (note the pancake syrup stains on George’s mouth). George participates in our evening family scripture reading and prayer … Ammon even helps him fold his arms. George now goes to church with us … and even goes to Nursery. He is also Ammon’s partner in crime, though he often gets the short end of the stick … Ammon has, on at least two occasions, tried to pass the blame of some miss-doing off on his furry little pal.
Truth. George is a part of our family. He is my second son, so to speak. And I love him.
I love to watch Ammon with his George. How he cares for him and plays with him and loves on him. I love how every night when we tuck Ammon in, he makes sure that George is snug under the blanket and then gives him a big kiss. I love how Ammon returns to a room where he's left George and says in his sweet little sing-song voice, "Hey!"
Whatever the reason, I’m glad that my Ammon has his George. As trying as it may be for me sometimes – I’m glad that Ammon has such a giving heart. Even if it means making two plates of pancakes instead of one.
Oh … for the love of George. How we’re glad to have you.
2 comments:
It doesn't get any sweeter than that. Honestly.
It's funny that George gets the blame sometimes. Ammon is a cutie pie.
How cute!! And Ammon has such pretty eyes!
Post a Comment