My friend, Amber, is getting hitched. And I am so, so very happy for her. She and Russell make quite the pair, let me tell you. Classic and spunky, alike … and looking utterly gorgeous doing it.She graciously asked me to do their engagement pictures. I – of course – accepted. And immediately started getting excited.
The day of, Brian, Ammon and I decided to kill some time at a nearby park. We ate lunch and played for a while before it was time to meet Amber and Russell. But right before the boys and I could head over and start our shoot – our keys got locked in the car. Along with our phone. And my camera. It was just my luck, after all. Every year it happens. It happened on our first date. Brian locks the keys in the car – not out of carelessness, but sheer freak accidents. But today of all days! Standing out in the torturing sun for two hours and reacting to some-blooming-something at the park was not what I had planned for that afternoon.
Needless to say – this afternoon started off as just a pure mess. My aggravation pushed all my excitement out the window. And my preparation. Don’t get me wrong. I was thrilled to do this shoot for my friend. But – before even starting – I was exhausted, mentally drained … and sun-burnt, to boot. I was certainly worried that all of this would affect my work. But shortly after we got started – at our first location, while I was tweaking some camera settings – I heard Russell quietly whisper to Amber, “Hey, Beautiful.” And – of course – this caused my inner-romantic self to go all mushy. I remembered that this was why I was there. I remembered that capturing this love on film is what I adore. And with that thought – pure heaven ensued.
I’m grateful that these two were so patient with me throughout the editing process. When almost 90% of your 650 shots are ‘fabulous’, it makes things slightly time-consuming. I’m thankful to Brian – who was my ‘assistant’ for the day. I’m glad that Ammon was so good, considering all that had transpired throughout the afternoon. Of course, he has a not-so-little thing for Amber … so he was more than tickled to be there. Trust me.
As I’ve told them – it was a complete joy working with Amber and Russell. Their total joy just radiates from them. They are so in love – and it shows. It certainly makes my job very easy … these two worked the camera like nobody’s business. Anybody who will literally dance barefoot down Main Street is good in my book.
Goodness. Look at those faces. Enjoy … as I have.




























3 comments:
Those pictures are wonderful!!! I love every one of them!
Beautiful pictures! You have such talent! And they are such an adorable couple!!
thanks!
Post a Comment