My job, at least, was very difficult. On top of shooting the wedding – and all the pressure that that entails – dear Mother Earth did not smile on me. As soon as we went outside to begin our session of individual and couple shots, it began to rain. And by ‘rain’, I mean a good old-fashioned Southern thunderstorm.
Things changed several times after that – though very quickly – sending my mind into a frenzy. My previous plans proved obsolete. Everything was forced inside – where less than desirable lighting and space reigned. The day proved to be hard, and the editing process proved to be even harder.
I continually beat myself down for the quality and caliber of my shots – which were so far below my ‘normal’ work. I began to realize that it wasn't just the weather. I began to really pick apart each photograph. I slowly, but surely, sifted through frame after frame – trying to find a ‘good’ batch to work on so that I could stomach longer than a 5-minute work session.
After time, I began to notice some changes. I first and foremost thank my cousin, Jessica – again – for helping me with some editing and for helping me get out of several figurative pits. But, apart from this, I began to have a change of heart. Another one of those ‘lessons on the true meaning of photography’ that I always seem to be mentioning. I began to notice truly beautiful photographs – lovely even with the flaws. I began to remember the feelings and emotions of that day – the ones that I could not dwell on at that time. The joyous happiness – despite the rain and all the changes.
To quote Jessica: They were so happy! So happy to be together. So overjoyed to be married at last. Nothing else mattered at that point. I was able to capture that happiness, despite many, many uncontrollable factors. And so – only now – I feel that I succeeded.
I view this as a wonderful experience. All of it. I learned many lessons about m.a.n.y things. How I loved being able to be close to my dear friend. If only for that, it was worth the effort. For all these things – I am grateful.
Thank you, Chris and Tamra – Mr. and Mrs. Hatcher now – for letting me play such an integral role in your special day. Love you both. Congratulations. Treasure every minute of your life together.
Here are some favorites. Enjoy.




















How I loved working with Tamra’s family again! Such fun people. It was difficult to get ‘normal’ shots. But then again… this is normal for them.
This is my favorite family shot. I love it despite the bad lighting and cramped location. Despite the chairs littering the background. Talk about happy people. Not ideal – but it’s moments like these that make my heart sing.
And my favorite shot of the day. Look at those smiles. Smiles that shout love from the rooftops. So happy. So in love. So perfect.
5 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pics! Great job!
Simply Beautiful, your pictures are breath taking, You truly have an eye and a wonderful talent for taking pictures
Stacy, these are so really great! Sometimes you just have to step back a few minutes to realize that maybe you didn't get the images you planned out in your mind, but you still got some really great ones!
Love you bunches!
thanks so much, you guys!
Wow! Gorgeous!!! You have such talent.
Post a Comment