Thursday, December 4, 2008

recovering thanksgiving-enthusiasts

It’s days like these that make me wish I had a home with a wide wrap-around porch. Or a nice big deck in the back. I would be lounging on a swing or hammock, for sure. I love this overcast, cool weather. Adore it. I wish the whole year could be like this. Here’s to dreaming.

We had a long, headache-inducing, aggravating, but nonetheless good Thanksgiving. Hope yours was pleasant, too… without all the downbeat adjectives. Stay tuned for a more in-depth look at our holiday revelry.

But, for you curious readers… just to recap this week: Brian is back at work – and loving every minute of it. I am recovering from food poisoning. Ammon is going through a phase that needs to end very, very soon. And, in between food poisoning-related business, I am seriously stressing out trying to finish some Christmas present projects, Ammon’s birthday party planning, Enrichment meeting finalization, designing our Christmas cards, cleaning, etc.. Yeah, you should see my twitching eye. At least I brushed my hair today. And, on top of it all, I’m trying to find some holiday cheer along the way. It is totally atypical of me to be so Scrooge-y. By now, I usually already have my family tired of Christmas music and jingle bells and Ho Ho Hos and mistletoe and all other kinds of red and green goodness. Truth be told, I believe in Santa. This is my favorite time of the year. And I am being far too Bah Humbug-y for my own good. I think it is because the holidays have crept up on me this year… more so than they usually do. Maybe it is because Ammon’s first birthday is fast-approaching. Maybe it is because I am an emotional cul-de-sac… due to reading New Moon yet again, and suffering through Edward leaving Bella, and enduring Jacob, and all that jazz. Who knows? Here’s to hoping that I can find cheer in the holiday air – remember what the Christmas season is really all about – and find a reason to be joyful. After all, it is the season to be merry and bright.

That thought will have to wait a moment or two… or four hundred and thirty-seven. The red-eyed, horn-sprouting ogre has awoken… or should I say never went to sleep? Back to the old rat race.

Cheers to the holidays.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

I'm currently reading New Moon. And yeah, I didn't like the whole Edward leaving thing either. Makes you feel icky when he gets all distant.

Anyway, I hope your holiday cheer arrives soon! I know it will :). And everything will be perfect! Give that handsome almost 1-year-old a hug for me. I just can't believe he's a year already. Loveya!

the laster family said...

it's not fair that we will not be able to be there for his celebration! takes LOTS of pictures!!!