Wednesday, August 27, 2008
the case of the missing pillow case
I’ve heard of socks being gobbled up by the dryer - either that or they run away to join a puppet show - but never pillow cases. I lost one of our pillow cases several weeks ago, and it has yet to turn up. I know that it made it to the washing machine. I am fairly certain that it made it to the dryer. I am positive that it didn’t make it back to my pillow. I have torn our home apart looking for that dang dumb pillow case! I, being a fairly stubborn individual, absolutely refuse to go buy another one. Why should I when there is a perfectly good one around here somewhere?! I mean it’s not like there is all this sprawling space for it lounge around in. It couldn’t have gone far…
Well, I finished the final book of the Twilight series. I won’t ramble on about it here - check out my review on Good Reads - I will warn about possible, very slight spoilers for those of you who care about that. I will say that this book, Breaking Dawn, was without a doubt my favorite in the series. I will probably be reading it again very, very soon. I really was not ready for this story to end.
Now I’m trying to decide what to read next. I have several options, but nothing seems even remotely interesting after the journey I just completed.
Ammon is officially cutting his fourth tooth. The let’s-kick-it-off-right-throw-up-party has been alive and kickin’ here at the Thomas home. This seems to be his only teething “symptom” - something I am very grateful about. It could all be so much worse. Speaking of which, I need to go change his crib sheet. Hopefully that won’t evaporate into thin air, too.
Brian has been making the most of my leave-me-alone-I’m-so-focused-on-my-book unavailability to brush up his mad skateboarding skills. He’s been staying up way too late (as have I) at night playing his new-to-him Tony Hawk game. Thanks for letting me get so engrossed, sweetheart. Thanks for helping me take a little time for myself.
As the Gulf braces for another storm, I am trying to make sure that everything is ready here on Woodburn Drive. Just in case. Making sure I know where everything is, making sure I have everything that Ammon needs from the store before all the shelves are bare. But, aside from preparing for the worst, we are also preparing for a very happy event - my grandmother being released from rehab tomorrow. I guess I should say that she is being set free tomorrow. Either way you look at it… Hooray!
Tonight holds nothing exciting for our family - just the usual. But, the usual is sometimes just as good as the exciting. Just a night as a family. No other distractions. How nice. Now to go hunt down that pillow case…
Well, I finished the final book of the Twilight series. I won’t ramble on about it here - check out my review on Good Reads - I will warn about possible, very slight spoilers for those of you who care about that. I will say that this book, Breaking Dawn, was without a doubt my favorite in the series. I will probably be reading it again very, very soon. I really was not ready for this story to end.
Now I’m trying to decide what to read next. I have several options, but nothing seems even remotely interesting after the journey I just completed.
Ammon is officially cutting his fourth tooth. The let’s-kick-it-off-right-throw-up-party has been alive and kickin’ here at the Thomas home. This seems to be his only teething “symptom” - something I am very grateful about. It could all be so much worse. Speaking of which, I need to go change his crib sheet. Hopefully that won’t evaporate into thin air, too.
Brian has been making the most of my leave-me-alone-I’m-so-focused-on-my-book unavailability to brush up his mad skateboarding skills. He’s been staying up way too late (as have I) at night playing his new-to-him Tony Hawk game. Thanks for letting me get so engrossed, sweetheart. Thanks for helping me take a little time for myself.
As the Gulf braces for another storm, I am trying to make sure that everything is ready here on Woodburn Drive. Just in case. Making sure I know where everything is, making sure I have everything that Ammon needs from the store before all the shelves are bare. But, aside from preparing for the worst, we are also preparing for a very happy event - my grandmother being released from rehab tomorrow. I guess I should say that she is being set free tomorrow. Either way you look at it… Hooray!
Tonight holds nothing exciting for our family - just the usual. But, the usual is sometimes just as good as the exciting. Just a night as a family. No other distractions. How nice. Now to go hunt down that pillow case…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
if you washed the pillow case with other sheets or cases...look inside those. they sometimes like to get snuggled up inside each other.
kim --- yep, that was the first place i looked. then i pulled our bed away from the wall, pulled everything out from underneath it, yada yada yada. guess i need to just suck it up and go back to target. just so frustrating to me...
Of course it'll show up the minute you come home with a new pillow case.
I can't remember if my Brian ever bought Tony Hawk or if he just rented it.
It's cool that you finished the book. That's quite an accomplishment.
Have you found the pillow case yet? I finally got caught up on life at Woodburn drive :). Took me forever! I don't know what the weather is doing there right now, but I hope Dothan stays mostly clear and completely safe :). There are some dear dear people I don't want in harm's way there ;).
Post a Comment