You see, I've been thinking about this guy all day. Not Ammon - though I have been thinking about him, too - but my sweet Brian. I've been thinking about what a good guy he is. I've been thinking about what a good father he is. I've been thinking about how lucky we are to have him - how fortunate we are to have him.
Granted, I think about all this often. Just about every day - unfortunately, not every day. That's one of those things that I need to work on. But nevertheless, I continue to be amazed that my life could be so greatly blessed - and enriched - by his very presence. And, despite my previous confession, not a day goes by that I don't whisper at least once, "Gosh, I love him."
Our history is such that I never would (probably never will) believe that anyone can understand the way Brian has altered my life - changed my course, so to speak. I have a hard time explaining to others - even to him sometimes - just how much he means to me. And even when I try and relatively succeed, my words don't even come close to the outer rim of what I feel.
I certainly didn't expect to read a familiar feeling out of a book. But I did - in a way. So - with the risk of being incredibly sappy - here is an excerpt from a book I've read (those of you following this blog will know which one... that's where the sappy comes in). I just love it - but not as much as I love that guy of mine :
"Before you, . . . my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason. . . . And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no reason for anything."
Love loving you, Brian. So blessed to have you.
2 comments:
That is so stinking sweet! Well said! I am so glad you are doing so well, and happy...
I love that quote, too. :)
Post a Comment