Wednesday, March 26, 2008

it must be genetic

I guess it can be said that Brian’s birthday wish came true this year. Saturday morning, Brian was watching Transformers while Ammon was having his breakfast. Optimus Prime rolled down the alleyway – and Ammon was hooked. He turned his head so that he could see the television – and was so engrossed in what he was seeing that he couldn’t focus enough to eat. He got very chatty; doing his new thing as loud as he could when Bumblebee came on the screen… “who… whoo... whooo…”. Ha… and I was worried he wouldn't like it. Brian’s right. It must be genetic.

Today begins the mad dash to get everything ready for our big trip that starts tomorrow. Laundry, cleaning, errands, shopping, packing… not to mention wedging everything into our car. Things are a tad different now that Ammon is around. We’ll see how we – primarily me – do.

We are looking forward to some time away. Looking forward to some time spent with family. Looking forward to a change of scenery.

Looking forward to togetherness.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

Have a great trip! And take lots of pictures (like I know you will ;)).

the laster family said...

You guys be careful coming down. Have fun at the show. No laughing! See you Sunday!

Tammy said...

Can't wait to be wedged along with the other baggage tomorrow!!!

For Brian's sake, I am glad that Ammon has shown his preference for little boy things and shows...how will you ever get your boys to abandon their transformers for dinners and baths and homework, I wonder?

Love you all..........mom