We have had a busy, but very pleasant, weekend. Saturday, Brian watched Ammon while I indulged myself with some much needed “me” time. So, I grabbed my Dr. Pepper, dark chocolate peanut M&Ms, plugged myself into my iPod, and got to work on Ammon’s first scrapbook. It was incredibly exhilarating to get my hands on some paper and play after such a long time (see some of the completed layouts posted previously). Ammon had a fairly good day and night – he really enjoyed his daddy being home and spending so much time with him. I could hear them both giggling downstairs. So sweet. Ammon loves, loves, loves Fraggle Rock. I say it’s all the bright colors, but he likes the songs, too. His Fraggle Rock CDs arrived today – I sense that we will be putting them to work immediately.
We took the opportunity to go down to Brian’s parents’ house for the afternoon yesterday. Brian’s mom watched Ammon while we rode around the country on the 4-wheeler… carefully avoiding all the puddles and bogs. Oh, if we had only brought grubby clothes. There’s nothing like good ol’ country mud to make you feel good. Needless to say, the bumpy ride did nothing for my bruised tailbone (I thank Ammon Parker for that one…), but it was still fun for Brian and I to spend that time together. We had to take our nephew, Caulin, on a ride later to go find dinosaur bones – or cow bones, depending on how you look at it. We had hamburgers and frozen hot chocolate for dinner and dessert. Yum. Brian brought some of his Transformers for our nephew to play with; however, Brian played with them more than he did. Ammon was passed around all evening – to his delight, he didn’t have to worry about being put down. We certainly enjoy our family – especially having them so close.
Brian played hooky from work today (yipee!) – he had some school responsibilities to take care of along with wanting to spend some more time with Ammon and me. After a disastrous trip to Wal-Mart this morning, we were both able to accomplish what we needed to do. Ammon took an extremely long nap this afternoon (might I add that this was much needed) and ended up going to bed ahead of schedule. He slept fairly well all weekend – hopefully this will continue tonight.
The weather was perfect this weekend, especially while we were down in the country – the air fresh and crisp. Spring is in the works – the dark ground is showing a tint of green. As I took in the beautiful landscapes it was hard not to reflect on what a lovely time of the year this is and how much I have to be grateful for. As we welcome this new season – let us not forget the opportunities that we have for new growth ourselves.
And here’s a shout out to all you Caraways – because we know that you will know what we mean when we say, “There’s nothing quite like the Nub…”
Monday, March 3, 2008
clean air and country mud
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Frozen Hot Chocolate is my favorite! Now I have to find a Schwans truck. =]
I finally figured this thing out. Your creativity needs to rub off on me! Hopefully we will see you at the end of the month!
Oh yeah, the frozen hot chocolate! Was it homemade? I wanted to get one from a place called SERENDIPITY in NYC, but we never made it there! I want to try it some day!
Hila --- actually my sister-in-law did it in the blender with ice, milk and the powder used for hot chocolate (Stephen's... the best). So yummy!
Post a Comment