Sunday, August 22, 2010

shane + shelby | sneak peek

Ah ... the big day approaches. Fast. And we couldn't be more excited.

Our cousin, Shelby, is getting married in November. We are so happy for her and Shane. So proud of them and the choices they have made. To recite the popular cliché: They are made for each other. Their love radiates all around them. Their contentment is infectious. I was honored to be asked to do their engagement photos ... and thankful for the chance to spend some one-on-one time with these two lovey-dovey types.

Of course - thanks to some good ole' Alabama freak weather - it took a couple of tries. And the weather the morning of our session was - in a word - wacky. But, when you're dealing with this level of besotted beauty ... the weather just doesn't make much difference. Not a hill of beans.

Shelby ... I've told you this a million times. And you may get tired of hearing me say it. But ... humor me. I'm sure I'll be saying it again, anyway. You are gorgeous. Ferociously gorgeous.

Shane ... welcome to the family. You've found yourself a w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l girl - as you know.

Both of you ... thanks for this day. Thanks for being you ... and giving us something to love. Because ... I do love you both. Tremendously.

Enjoy.


I'll close with one of my favorite moments from the day. This shot makes my heart melt. Just turns me into a puddle of goo. When I look at this photograph ... I blush and get goose pimples. And feel ... almost as if I'm intruding on a private, sweet moment meant only for them. It reminds me of another time. Of another place ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, these are GORGEOUS! You can just FEEL the emotion in them. GREAT JOB girl! :o)

the happy thomas family said...

thank you, sandy!

Kira =] said...

I especially love all the detail in the first picture with the ring on the brick. Wow! Wonderful shots, love your style. and yes, she is gorgeous!!! love being able to see the private moments.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....just beautiful! You did a fantastic job capturing their love for each other...Be proud of your work...it's amazing!

Laci said...

These are great Stacy! I always love your sneak peaks. They look so happy together. It's good to have pictures to remember those times. You are awesome. Love you.

the happy thomas family said...

thank you, laci. i love you!