Monday, July 5, 2010

mr. and mrs. salmon | sneak peek

Do you remember these two?

Well ... guess what happened a few weeks ago? The big day.

I had the chance to do Russell and Amber's reception photographs. While I wasn't the official photographer at the Temple, we did take the opportunity to have some fun after she was done. Look at these two. My goodness. Russell was looking quite debonair - while Amber was, without a doubt, the most g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s bride I've ever seen. Thank you, Russell and Amber for sharing your special day with me. I'm overjoyed for you. Really.

I've chosen a selection of favorites from the day. Enjoy.


Amber asked if we could recreate some favorites shots from their engagement shoot. Ones like this one:


And, of course, our homage to American Gothic:


The obligatory 'fish face' ... you know, as in Salmon:


And this one so reminds me of the 'Something Good' moment between Maria and Captain von Trapp in The Sound of Music. A film both Amber and I love. How fitting ... :


And - of course - we can't forget the farewell. The camera doesn't lie. Here they are - off in the distance - preparing to leave by boat. The reception was at a lake house - "... they'll leave by boat ..." - cute, right? We thought so. Until it happened. Like I said ... here they are, just coming into veiw ...


... and then WHAM! What a way to go. A perfect ending to an incredibly hot day (hotter than even the seasoned Southerner could imagine). A day they - or anyone else - won't be forgetting any time soon. Look at those smiles. Priceless. [... and yes, that is my mother, dripping wet ...]


A favorite thought of Amber's is, "Come what may, and love it." They sure did it that day. And I'm sure they'll keep doing it forever.

2 comments:

The Phipps said...

Those are great pictures and Amber is so beautiful! Great job!!

MissManda-Mae said...

great job! the photos are wonderful! the ending is priceless!!!