Sunday, September 21, 2008

oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly, what a day

Nap buddies are all the rage right now on Woodburn Drive. We’re all lost without them. So fun to watch Ammon pick his favorite buds. He loves having a party in his crib with his peeps…

Yesterday was a busy day for everyone. I was finishing up some things upstairs; Brian had to leave by 3:00 for Stake Conference-related business; my mom, Ammon and I ran some errands around town; I stayed up past 1:00am printing labels. And… I have caught a cold. Not something that I have time for right now. But, when does a mom have time to get sick? We have no days off. I’m sure that all the dust that I’ve been kicking up all week has had absolutely nothing to do with my current predicament.

Today, we had Stake Conference. Such a blessing it is to have inspired leaders - lending their inspiration to each of us. Ammon did a lot better than I anticipated him to. My mom got him to sleep – after he charmed the whole Mother’s Room – and he slept through the rest of the meeting. Hooray for that... and no complete and total meltdowns...

This afternoon, Brian, Ammon and I finally made it to the park for our family park-date. We enjoyed a nice little walk – and the heavenly weather! To bad it won’t stay like this. I guess we should just make the most of it while it lasts.

We have been having a Robin Hood weekend here at the Thomas home. Yesterday, Brian and Ammon watched Disney’s Robin Hood - which Ammon loved. And even though I didn’t watch it with them, I have been humming a certain little ditty. And by that, I mean I’ve had, Robin Hood and Little John walkin’ through the forest – laughin’ back and forth at what the other’ne has to say – reminiscin’, this-‘n’-thattin’ havin’ such a good time – oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly, what a day, rooted in the far-reaches of my brain. I sure hope it doesn’t get stuck in all of your heads, too… it sure is hard as heck to get out. And, to top it all off, Brian and I watched Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves after dinner. I’m not a Kevin Costner fan – but ironically, Robin Hood is one of my favorite movies. Sean Connery is in that movie, too – and he is one of my favorites, too, you know…

3 comments:

Nilla said...

Sorry about your cold :(. But glad you have had a wonderful weekend in spite of it!

Kira =] said...

you had to share THAT song?!

i love that one! which is why I can't stop singing it now. I'll have to borrow that one, too. =]

now you guys just have to watch Robin Hood Men in Tights.

the happy thomas family said...

kira... we have men in tights, but haven't watched it in a while. maybe tonight...