The young – and often times the young at heart – and cameras don’t often share the same company. Let’s be real.
Sometimes a family shoot isn’t about capturing a row of prim little faces – all pointing towards the camera. All with sweet, adoring smiles with little halos floating about their wee little heads.
Sometimes it is about capturing two brothers fighting over a wheelbarrow. Because isn’t that something that brothers would do?
Sometimes it is about watching a 1-year old really discovering grass for the first time. Because isn’t it really such a very cool thing?
Sometimes it is about capturing a 2-year old through a hedge. Because isn’t it normal for 2-year olds to shy away from a camera and just want to have some alone time?
Sometimes it is about two parents just trying to make sense of it all. Trying to keep the peace. Trying to keep their sanity. Because isn’t that what most parents do?
In the end, a family shoot should capture family life. It should capture real.
And – I think that’s what I did here. In my own way, shape and form – I captured the dynamic of this family. I loved doing it, too. Thank you Mitchell family for another grand time. I wouldn’t exchange that Sunday afternoon, those laughs – or those grass stains – for anything in the world. Thank you for letting me capture a glimpse of your lives. Thank you – as always – for being you.
Here are some favorites from our session - a shoot that seems like it just took place yesterday and yet it has been about 4 months. My how time flies. Enjoy.






2 comments:
Thanks for sharing Stacy. I couldn't have worded it better myself. These photos mean the world to me. It really does feel like they were just taken yesterday.
Post a Comment