Monday, April 6, 2009

it feels great to be alive…

or does it?

I want to address an issue. I know that I haven’t really posted in a while. Not because I don’t have anything to say. Trust me --- I have a lot to say. Not because we haven’t been doing anything. Despite the several weeks of overcast skies --- I have a lot of memories to document. No --- I haven’t posted in a while because I have been collecting my thoughts.

It has been an emotionally exhausting weekend for us on Woodburn Drive – which I will go into a bit later.

None of us knows what day it is around here. Brian did not have school at all last week – or work for almost two days. All due to the 'bad' weather.

We have been graced with sunshine again – and beautiful, cool weather. I must say, though, that I miss the gray days. I love cloudy, rainy weather.

Ammon is – for lack of a better description – going through a phase. A phase that has, quite frankly, nearly made me completely lose my mind, run amuck and kill my family. There, I said it. And, yes – it has been that bad at times. For me, anyway.

It is that time of year again. The season that begins the incessant one-upping competition between me and my dear neighbor. Those of you familiar with my neighborhood-lingo will know her simply as Rat (or Big-Momma, if you follow Brian's wordage).

Brian is still loving his job. He now has rubber gloves in his car in case of blood spillage… so he won’t contract a deadly, vicious disease. Nice. Very, veeeerrry nice. My list of can’t-think-too-much-about-its just got a bit longer.

I think I have gotten to the bottom of my non-sleeping issues. Our other neighbor, known only as Hermit, is still missing in action. I have grown accustom to her 24-hour-a-day noises. For a frail, agoraphobic, old woman she makes the most noise and moves the most furniture at the most odd hours. I miss her company at 2:00am.

Ammon is walking now. Heaven help us all.

Brian and I had to call 911 the other night at the request of our neighbor from two doors down, known as #1. Apparently there was no issue – she did go back to her home, after all – just another one of her loony, intoxicated, borderline-insane episodes.

Never a dull moment.

No --- there is a lot to say. And I am working on it. It’s coming. I promise. But for now, we are just here. Just living. Just alive.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

So great to see rat and hermit featured ;). Kudos to Ammon for finally doing the walking thing ;). I guess he figured he might as well give in to you guys :). Love you!

Mitchell4 said...

Let it out Girlfriend. Even though you have my jaw dropping already.
It's good to release.
awe Ammon is walking! The little guy is growing up so fast.
Once I'm feeling better I'll give you a call to get together. Glad B is loving his job still. I wonder what happened to your neighbor. dun dun dun. No for reals I hope she's okay.