Sunday, July 20, 2008

happy birthday to me

Well, happy late birthday to me. Yes, my birthday was last Thursday - and no, I don’t feel a year older. At least right now, anyway.

I had a very good birthday, even though it started off a bit rough. Ammon decided to wake up at 5:00 that morning… and not go back to sleep. Around mid-morning Ammon and I traveled to Enterprise with my friend, Becky, to have lunch with my mom, friend, Kristy, and her son, Caleb. We had a fun lunch at Ruby Tuesday’s - chocolate tall cake and all.

After lunch, my mom took Ammon home with her so that I could have a fun afternoon with the girls. Becky, Kristy and I met my friend, Kira, and her daughter, Josie, at I Create in Enterprise. We had such a good time painting our pottery, chatting, and just enjoying each other’s company.
Later that afternoon, Becky and I picked up Ammon and traveled back home. My mom came down later to watch Ammon again so that Brian and I could go out for the evening. He and I went to Olive Garden for dinner - ate far too much - ran some errands and went to the late showing of Hellboy. It was so nice to spend the evening with my sweetheart. So nice to have a day to myself - and some time to enjoy my day.

By far, my best birthday gifts are one’s that I get every day - my sweet boys. Thank you Brian and Ammon for making me smile. Thank you for your love - because I love you.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

So glad it was a great day! Chocolate tall cake looks fabulous!

Tiff said...

Happy Birthday Stacy! I bought a card for you and then I realized that I have your address in a box in Virginia. So I will have to send it later. My sister's birthday is the same day...if you remember. I'm glad to hear everything went well.